How to Complete Guard Card Training Requirements
You must complete the initial security training requirements for becoming a security guard before getting fingerprinted and sending in your forms to the California BSIS.
To complete your Guard Card class requirements:
- Determine if you want to take your security training online or in a classroom.
- Find a licensed security guard Training Provider you like. See Tips on Choosing an online Guard Card Course Training Provider and Tips on Choosing a Classroom Guard Card Class Training Provider.
- Register and pay for your security guard training.
- Take and complete the Guard Card courses.
- Make sure you get a copy of your completion certificate for the courses you take. The B.S.I.S. requires the certificate number and license number of the Training Provider on the Guard Card application form. The PPO company you work for will also want copies of any class certificates to keep in your employee file.
- The next step is to get fingerprinted at a Live Scan location.
Jobs from Indeed
What should You Read Next?
- For the general steps to becoming a Californian security guard, read How to Get a Guard Card.
- For how to get fingerprinted at a Live Scan location or how to complete the Live Scan form, read How to Get Fingerprinted / Live Scan.
- For how to fill out the BSIS Guard Card application form online, read How to Complete and File BSIS Forms.
- For how to verify that your Guard Card is up to date, read How to Verify You Guard Card is Valid.
- For how to change your address on or renew your Guard Card, read How to Update, Replace or Renew Your Guard Card.
- For more about security guard training requirements, read Guard Card Training.