How to Become a Security Guard in CA
Becoming a security guard by getting your Guard Card requires the following general steps. The steps should be done it the order listed. More details about each step are found on other pages in this Website.
- Complete Guard Card training required by BSIS.
- Fill out Live Scan form in triplicate and get fingerprinted at a Live Scan location.
- Fill out and send in the BSIS Guard Card application form online.
- Verify that your Guard Card application has been approved.
What should You Read Next?
- For how to get fingerprinted at a Live Scan location or how to complete the Live Scan form, read How to Get Fingerprinted / Live Scan.
- For how to fill out the BSIS Guard Card application form online, read How to Complete and File BSIS Forms.
- For how to verify that your Guard Card is up to date, read How to Verify You’re Guard Card is Valid.
- For how to change your address on your Guard Card or renew your Guard Card, read How to Update, Replace or Renew Your Guard Card.
- Fore more about security guard training requirements, read Guard Card Training.