Complete Your Guard Card Training in a Classroom
You can complete the Guard Card training classes be attending a class taught in a physical classroom as well as online. The class must be taught be an approved and licensed Guard Card Training Provider. These Training Providers have PPO, firearm training or other training licenses.
Benefits of Going to Guard Card Classes in a Classroom
- You can can ask the instructor questions.
- You might be able to take the courses on site at your work location.
Drawbacks of Taking Your Guard Card Training in a Classroom
- You can’t go at your pace.
- You may have to take time off work to go to a class held at another location.
- If you live in a rural area, you may have to drive to an urban area to complete your Guard Card course requirements. The price of gas keeps rising, so saving some money by staying at home or work to take your security guard classes can save you money.
Recommended & BSIS Approved Classroom Guard Card Courses
We won’t be able to review classroom based training do to costs and logistics. Ask your employer if they offer security guard training. If not, we recommend completing your Guard Card training online.
Tips for Choosing a Classroom-based Training Provider
- Check and verify the training provider’s BSIS Guard Card Training License number. You can validate the license number online with the BSIS.
- Check if there is a training location near where you live or work.
- Check if the company is offering training on the days you can go to class.
- Verify that the training provider maintains a record that you’ve completed the training in case you lose your Guard Card Training Completion Certificate.