Here are some common reasons it may be taking a long time to get your Guard Card license from the BSIS in California:
- You mailed in a paper Guard Card application instead of using the online Guard Card application. Online applications get processed much faster.
- Your Guard Card application got lost.
- Your application landed on the desk of someone who went on vacation or got sick for a week.
- Your background check is taking longer because you’ve lived out of state or have had more than one name.
- You have some kind of criminal record that is delaying your background check.
- The state hasn’t received your fingerprints. The background check doesn’t start until they receive your fingerprints.
If it has been more than 30 days, you should check your Guard Card application on the BSIS website or call the BSIS and inquire about your Guard Card application status.